Monday, January 14, 2008

Jaguars 20 - Patriots 31

The Total Package
That's what you need to win it all, either that or a whole truckload of luck. There were two upsets this weekend as the Colts and Cowboys lost. I had hoped for it but the Patriots simply have a team that isn't going to lose, you have to beat them. A fumble early on, an interception late and a couple crucial dropped passes by Jags receivers made the difference. On the other side, Brady was almost perfect. I expect the Pack and the Patriots to win next week and move on to the Super Bowl. At this point I have to root for the opportunity to watch an historical run. It pains me to say it at some level but I'd like to see the Pats go all the way... 19-0.

Jags have an excellent future - running game, QB, defense, pass protection. We just need some speedy receivers. I hope we can pick up a couple, that would give us the total package that we need.

As a side note, it definitely helps to win your division and get that first week bye.

No comments: