Thursday, October 23, 2008

From Ed Chinn

I received this email from Ed Chinn today, Ed is one of my mentors whose insights have been used mightily by God in my life.

Friends, here is a story which cuts right to the core of life.

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=37761

Many of you know the story of Gene Stallings, football coach (now retired and farming). But, this is a story which you may not know (I certainly didn't): his son, Johnny, who was afflicted with Down Syndrome.

This story raises a very real and (I think) intriguing issue: What has our obsession with rights and choice done to the quality of our life? By designing our own lives, have we sealed ourselves off from higher elevations of life which God designs? Is it possible that God uses adversity or heartbreak as portals to far more interesting and rewarding living? Have we settled for a monochrome life when God creates life in the full kaleidoscopic radiance of His color palette?
NOTE to you my editors and publishing friends...any of you interested in something on this theme (and perhaps this story...I'd love to go interview him)?

I thank Zan Kriegel for passing this on to me.

Ed Chinn
www.edchinn.com

No comments: